Welcome to GMIT
Below you will find information about many of the IT resources available to you as a student at GMIT. There are a number of short videos and a Quick Start Guide (PDF) which should help you get started.
For more detailed information login to the student website (student.gmit.ie).
Logging in for the First Time
- You will need a username and password to login, your login details will have been sent to the mobile phone and email address you provide at registration.
- The first time you login, you will be asked to setup your password reset options (email address, mobile number, security questions) and Multi Factor Authentication MFA (mobile number, authenticator app) This is in order to secure your account and GMITs network, and to provide you with options to reset and unlock your account in the future. Please watch both videos before logging in for the first time.
To find out how to login for the first time, please click here (video link, opens new tab).
To find out how to set up Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA), please click here (video, opens new tab).
- From week beginning 21st September, inductions will commence to comply with HSE Guidelines and give you support with learning technologies.
- Classes are planned to start from 28th September.
- Your School will be in touch with details.
- Please check your student email regularly for updates.
Enrol on a LearnOnline Course
GMITs Learning Managment System is called Learnonline. Learnonline is used to deliver course material and carry out assessments, it can be accessed from any location through the student website.
You will need to enrol yourself on your Learnonline courses at the beginning of the year, the short video below will show you how to do this.
There are a number of courses which have been created for all students at GMIT such as "Moodle for Students" and "Office365" feel free to enrol yourself on both.
To find out how to enrol on a learnonline course click here (video, opens new tab).
There are two WiFi networks available in GMIT
Eduroam: The recommended WiFi for staff and students is Eduroam. Login using your GMIT email address and password.
Guest: Short term visitors and affiliates should use the Guest WiFi. You will be asked to provide a mobile phone number and your account details will be text to you and your login will be active for 48 hours.
To find out how to connect to the Guest Wifi click here (opens new tab).
Install Microsoft Office 365
All registered GMIT students can install Office365 on up to 5 devices at no cost. Simply login to the Student Website and follow the download instructions on the home page.
Your GMIT account allows you to download and install the latest version of Office desktop applications as well as Apple and Android editions of Office Mobile.
For more information click HERE
Download the IT Info Quick Start Guide
If you wish to learn more about the various IT services and tools available to GMIT students, you can view or download a useful Quick Start Guide below.
Download the IT Info Quick Start Guide (PDF)